#BurlON Nov 16-22
The holiday season will be here before you know it and there are many themed events happening over the next few weeks to get you into the spirit. This week we sent out our Holiday Enewsletter which includes all the seasonal details. If you don’t receive this Enewsletter subscribe now and we will send it out to you or click on pdf version Visitor Enews – Holiday 2017. Besides our weekly blogs, we will be doing specific stories such as Santa Claus is Coming and things to do with the kids during the holiday break and New Year’s Eve and Day activities. All of us have shopping on our to do list, so a Holiday gift guide will be featured in December with some unique Burlington based ideas for that hard to buy for person on your list. Watch for these future blog posts and share via social media using #BurlON.
Saturday November 18 marks the annual Aldershot Village BIA Tree Lighting ceremony. It runs 3-6 pm at the Downsview Plaza at 355 Plains Rd. E and will feature a visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus, hot chocolate and cider, horse drawn sleigh rides, BBQ, tree lighting and live music. Please bring a non-perishable food item to contribute and support.
A Christmas Event at Ireland House takes place this Sunday November 19 from 11-4pm, at the museum located at 2168 Guelph Line. Celebrate the holiday season with traditions of an earlier time- enjoy a special holiday tour of the Museum, sample Victorian treats made on the 1830’s Rumford hearth and get the chance to make a traditional tin punched ornament. There will be horse and wagon rides, live reindeer and visits with Santa and Mrs. Claus.
There is still lots of time to take in Novemburger happening until the end of the month at 24 participating Burlington restaurants. Visit the restaurant, enjoy the featured burger, rate it on the Novemburger site and then repeat! We have checked some of them out and they are delicious and HUGE!
There is so much to do this season at the Royal Botanical Gardens you will have to plan multiple visits. Back by popular demand is Holiday Traditions, the annual holiday celebration featuring the famous RBG Botanical Train Display which begins this weekend and runs until January 7. The RBG Centre will have family entertainment, crafts and more every weekend for your family to enjoy. This year, the RBG will be offering a one hour Visit with Santa signature experience that includes a return trip on The RBG Express, hot chocolate and a cookie, storytelling and crafting with Santa`s helpers and a visit with Santa. Book your ticket online it is very popular so don’t delay New to the RBG is the Escarpment Train Exhibit on weekends Nov 18-Dec 24 and then daily from Dec 27-31 & Jan 2-7 at the Rock Garden House. See a magical winter wonderland at the Rock Garden’s Winter Lights at the Rock a ticketed outdoor event, with activities, music and lights which kicks off this weekend.
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre and Drury Lane Theatre are playing host to many performances throughout the next two months. Drury Lane Theatre is featuring Into the Woods until November 26. The sounds of Christmas will be front and centre at the Performing Arts Centre with these festive concerts: The annual Harbourtown Sound Christmas Concert on November 25, The Men of the Deeps: Christmas in the Mine on November 29, Burlington Concert Band “Christmas Spectacular” on December 1. Don’t miss the spectacular State Ballet Theatre of Russia as they perform “The Nutcracker” December 8 & 9. Symphony on The Bay– A Double Reed Christmas on December 10 and Elvis, Wonderful world of Christmas on December 15. The festive feeling continues with Charles Dicken’s “A Christmas Carol” closing out the holiday programming on December 22 & 23. Many of these sell out so get your tickets soon. For a full list of performances visit the website.
- To Sat Dec 9: On the Water Exhibit, Crawford Lake
- To Jan 7: Flora & Fauna, Art Gallery of Burlington
- To Sun Dec 31: Setting Ontario’s Table: Once Upon a Time, Art Gallery of Burlington
- Nov 17-19,23,24,26,30, Dec 7-10, 14-17, 21-23, 27-30: Winter Lights at the Rock, Royal Botanical Gardens, Rock Garden
- Wknds Nov 18-Dec 24, Daily Dec 27-31 & Jan 2-7: Escarpment Train Exhibit, Royal Botanical Gardens, Rock Garden
- Sat Nov 18- Dec 24 & Dec 27-Sun Jan 7: Botanical Train Display, Royal Botanical Gardens, Centre
Events November 14- 22
- Tues 14: Who is Halton: Our Region’s Story, Central Library
- Wed 15: Eco-Film Festival: “Minimalism”, Central Library
- Thurs 16: Throwback Thursday: “The Bridge on the River Kwai”, Central Library
- Thurs 16-Sat 18: “Into the Woods”, Drury Lane Theatre
- Fri 17-Sun 19: Winter Lights at the Rock, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Fri 17: Sea Sick, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – CST
- Fri 17: Buffy Sainte-Marie, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Sat 18: Hamilton Police Female Choir, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Sat 18: Let it Snow by the Magic Family, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Sat 18: Christmas Craft Market, Mohawk Inn & Conference Centre
- Sat 18: Raptors in Focus, Mountsberg
- Sat 18: Rotary Burlington Music Festival Grand Festival Concert, Burl Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Sat 18: Aldershot BIA Village Tree Lighting, Plains Road East & Downsview Ave
- Sat 18-Sun 19: Parade of Lights, Country Heritage Park
- Sun 19: “Sleeping Beauty”, Drama Centre
- Sun 19: A Christmas Event, Ireland House at Oakridge Farm
- Sun 19: Klaudia’s Music Studio, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Sun 19: Comic Show by Juggler Craig Douglas, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Sun 19: Matt Haimovitz, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – CST
- Mon 20: One Book, One Burlington Books & Letters, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Tues 21: Connect the Dots with Dr. David Suzuki, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Wed 22: Visit with Santa, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Wed 22: High Five Quartet, Royal Botanical Gardens
Looking for more holiday information or planning your visit? We are always here to help, for more information on what to see and do in Burlington give us a call at 877.499.9989, visit our website or connect with us on twitter or facebook.