#BurlON Nov 1-6
Now that Halloween and harvest events are winding down there is still lots of things to see and do before the holiday season. November is a busy month with lots of arts and culture activities, Christmas Bazaars a new culinary program Novemburger and if the weather holds, outdoor fun to enjoy.
We are thrilled that Novemburger has extended into Halton this year with 24 Burlington restaurants participating. Here’s how it works. Each participating restaurant creates a unique signature burger as their entry into the festival, which is then dubbed their Novemburger. Then YOU get to go eat Novemburgers and rate them online for 30 days. When the dust/deliciousness settles, two winners are announced: one for the most Novemburgers sold, and one for Novemburger of the Year. Go get your Novemburger on!
This weekend there are some novel events happening that you should check out. Last year I helped at the Tea Festival at the Royal Botanical Gardens where I learned all about tea, took in a tea ceremony and picked up some great gifts for those tea grannies on my list. In it’s second year this event is bigger and better with numerous workshops, entertainment and demonstrations plus over 30 vendors. What a great day out with family /friends, hope to see you there.
Across from the RBG is one of nine art studios on the Art in Action Studio tour. This is always one of my favorite weekends of the year, where I meet some very creative and interesting artists, see some of them in action and pick up something for home or as a gift. We have a blog specifically on this tour where you can learn more.
Also this weekend is an author event with Lynn Crawford at Springridge Farm. I haven’t been to one of these in awhile and always found it fun to meet the author, pick up a signed copy of their cookbooks (Lynn has a new book out called Farm to Chef ). Preregistration is required. I never turn down the chance to visit Springridge, nor do I ever leave with an empty hand or stomach!
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre is hopping this month with music and comedy performances. Last month we enjoyed attending LIVON and it was so wonderful to see such well known and talented acts at home and we had excellent seats right up front. We enjoyed a great dinner at a local restaurant before the show and it was a terrific night out.
Drury Lane Theatre has started it’s Grimm Brothers inspired presentation of Into the Woods by Stephen Sondheim on until the end of November. I am hoping to attend, it sounds like a fabulous night or afternoon out.
The Burlington Public Library always has activities happening and this week is no exception with a One Book, One Burlington special author event (at BPAC), film screening and a lecture and music presentation by HPO. Don’t have a library card, no worries – it is free if you live, work or go to school in Halton and gives you access to so much more than just books!
- All November – Novemburger – at various Burlington restaurants
- To Sat Dec 9: On the Water Exhibit, Crawford Lake
- To Sun Dec 31: Setting Ontario’s Table: Once Upon a Time, Art Gallery of Burlington
- Fri 3-Sat 4: “Into the Woods”, Drury Lane Theatre
- Fri 3-Sun 5: Glen Eden Snow Show, Glen Eden
- Sat 4: Autumn Off-Road Race, Crawford Lake
- Sat 4: Author Event: Lynn Crawford, Springridge Farm
- Sat 4: Tomson Highway, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – CST
- Sat 4: Shaun Majumder, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Sat 4-Sun 5: Tea Festival, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Sat 4-Sun 5: Art in Action Studio Tour, Various locations
- Sun 5: “The Artsy Mistake Mystery” Book Launch & Reading, Art Gallery of Burlington
- Wed 8: HPO presents: D’Arcy McGee’s Canada, Central Library
- Wed 8: Screeners: “Hacksaw Ridge”, Central Library
- Wed 8: “Journey to the East”, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – CST
- Fri 10: Trent Severn, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – CST
- Fri 10: ABBAMANIA with the British Legends, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Fri 10-Sun 12: “Into the Woods”, Drury Lane Theatre
Planning your visit to Burlington or inviting friends and family to Come Home 2 Burlington? We are always here to help, for more information on what to see and do give us a call at 877.499.9989, visit our website or connect with us on twitter or facebook.