#BurlON – Week of Oct 12-19th
Fall is a beautiful time in Burlington and there are so many great things to see and do. It’s a great time to be outdoors and enjoy the fresh fall air!
Kick off your weekend right with the Live & Local Music Series at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre. To get the season started is Andy Griffiths & James Anthony Band at 7:30 pm. Tickets are available at the door or in advance.
Fall into Nature continues at all 7 of the Conservation Halton parks. Festival activities include chairlift rides to the top of the escarpment, wagon rides through the parks, educational and interactive programs (Iroquoian village and Deer Clan Longhouse) Birds of prey shows, Children’s activities, food, pumpkins, and more! It’s Forest Festival Public Day at Rattlesnake Conservation on Sunday and there are special activities planned for that. Mountsberg Conversation is having a Spooktacular Hallowe’en event. Join them Saturday and Sunday from 10:00-4:00 for a haunted barn, live snake presentations, live Birds of Prey presentations, face painting and lots more! And don’t forget the wonderful walking trails to get out and enjoy a hike – this weekend should be beautiful for fall colour!
The Aldershot Village Harvest Market is taking place this Saturday from 10:00-2:00, at White Oaks Plaza. There will be live music, local farm vendors as well as local hand craft vendors.
Hallowe’en is a few weeks away and there are some fun activities starting now. Don’t miss out on Camper Hallowe’en at Bronte Creek Provincial Park this Friday the 13th and Saturday the 14th. It is sure to be a lot of fun with trick or treating, spooky activities and a campsite decorating contest. Make sure you reserve your site in advance to take part in this fun event!
Take part in the Pumpkins to Pastries Trail in Halton region until October 31st. There are lots of farms, restaurants and sweet spots participating. Take a selfie while on the trail and post it to social media using #p2ptrail and you could win one of the weekly prize baskets.
Harvest Festival continues at Springridge Farm. Don’t miss out on all the fun there – a giant corn maze, tractor rides, puppet show, pony rides, hay bales, BBQ and make sure you hit the gift shop for great gifts and baked treats! Make sure you see the 850 lb pumpkin they have – it’s huge!
We’ve enjoyed Farmers Markets since the spring but unfortunately they will be gone for the winter before we know it. Shop local and stock up on fresh produce. This is the last weekend for the Centro Market – so enjoy it on Sunday from 9:00 – noon in downtown Burlington. The Burlingon Mall Farmers Market continues until the end of October; Wednesdays and Saturdays 8:00-2:00, Friday 8:00-4:00.
If you’re looking for something that isn’t outdoors as much, a great idea is to take part in the True Brew Path in the region. Visit various craft breweries and take a tour and learn about the brewing process. Enjoy some samples and buy fresh from the brewery.
Check out our Hallowe’en blog for more spooky and fun activities over the next couple weeks.
Oct 12 –Oct 19
- To Sun Oct 15: Fall at Crawford Lake, Crawford Lake
- To Sun Oct 15: Fall at Mountsberg, Mountsberg
- To Sat Oct 28: Burlington Mall Farmers’ Market, Burlington Mall Parking Lot
- To Sun Oct 29: Anton Reijnders Exhibit, Art Gallery of Burlington
- To Sun Oct 29: Nothing is Newer than Tradition, Art Gallery of Burlington
- To Sun Oct 15: Centro Garden Farm Market, Centro Garden
- To Late Oct: Stonehaven Farms: Giant Corn Maze Open, Stonehaven Farms
- To Late Oct: Stonehaven Farms: Pick Your Own Pumpkins, Stonehaven Farms
- To Tues Oct 31: Pumpkins to Pastries Trail, Halton Region
- To Sun Dec 31: Setting Ontario’s Table: Once Upon a Time, Art Gallery of Burlington
- Sat 14-Sun 15: Spooktacular Halloween, Mountsberg
- Sat 14-Sun 15: Fall into Nature, Mountsberg, Crawford Lake, Kelso, Rattlesnake Point, Hilton Falls, Mount Nemo
- Sat 14-Sun 15: Harvest Festival, Springridge Farm
- Thurs 12: Confessions of a Compulsive Cartoonist: Seth, Central Library
- Thurs 12: Jann Arden, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT* SOLD OUT
- Fri 13: The Wiggles, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT* SOLD OUT
- Fri 13: Live & Local Music Series: Andy Griffiths & James Anthony Band, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – CST
- Fri 13-Sat 14: Camper Halloween, Bronte Creek
- Fri 13-Sat 14: “Key For Two”, West Plains United Church