Burlington has developed from a quiet bedroom community to a savvy, vibrant waterfront city. Strategically located in the Greater Toronto Area, Burlington offers a quality of life that is second to none with great schools, shopping, dining, recreational facilities, parkland, festivals and night life all available within the city. MoneySense, a leading lifestyle and investment magazine has named Burlington the top city in which to live of its size in Canada. If you are considering moving to Burlington contact a local realtor (see list below) or the
- The Burlington Post has a large housing section.
- The Halton Region provides social housing services.
- For homes for sale and some rentals visit Realtors.ca. Realtors Association of Hamilton-Burlington, OpenHouse.Ca, Capreit and Renters Hotline etc.
- For student or short term housing you can try the local university/college housing websites through Oakville Affordable Accommodations or McMaster ForUniversity.
For information on moving to the Halton region visit the Halton Newcomer Portal.
Tourism Burlington provides new residents with an information package about local services. Visit Tourism Burlington Visitor Information Centre at 414 Locust St. to pick up your package or click on the links below for a digital version of information.
- Welcome Letter – New Resident Burlington – Tourism Burlington
- Burlington New Resident Information – hook-ups, registration – Tourism Burlington
- City of Burlington – New to the Community
- Burlington Transit – City of Burlington
- Waste Management Calendar Tool – Region of Halton
- Schools – City of Burlington
- Places of Worship – City of Burlington
- Parks & Recreation Live & Play (Seasonal Recreation Guide) – City of Burlington
- Events Calendar – City of Burlington – Events Listing – Burlington Performing Arts Centre
- Visitor Guide – Things to see & do and events in Burlington – Tourism Burlington
- Burlington Public Library – Offer many services for newcomers including Information Burlington, multi-lingual collection and newspapers, partnerships with Halton Multicultural Council and various faith organization, citizenship classes etc.
- Museums of Burlington – provide Cultural Access Passes for free admission for documented new Canadian citizens
- Community Clubs & Organizations – City of Burlington
- Welcome Wagon – free visit
- Burlington Newcomers Club
- Burlington Maps – Tourism Burlington
- Ontario Road Map – Ministry of Transportation
- Cycling Interactive Map – City of Burlington; Cycling information – Tourism Burlington