#BurlON Til Jan17
Now that the holidays are over and the kids are back to school we are all getting back into a routine and looking for things to see and do in Burlington. For outdoor activities such as skating, skiing, hiking, snowshoeing etc. check out the Winter is Snow Fun blog. For upcoming local performances refer to the blog What’s Onstage for January and February events you don’t want to miss.
For the entire month of January you can enjoy the Festival of Beer at various local restaurants. Local restaurants are featuring food pairings with Waterloo Brewing Company products.
This week the exhibition Holding by a Thread Exhibition is at the Art Gallery. The Art Gallery also has it’s Creative Hub free Family Sunday open studio every Sunday from 1-4 pm where you can explore your creative side.
Winter is a great time to visit Mountsberg Conservation Area Raptor Centre with it’s fascinating birds of prey and on weekends interpreters on site who talk about these amazing feathered friends, their habits and how they came to live at the Centre.
The Burlington Public Library is a hub of activity with numerous programs happening including the Ideaworks Studio Crafts and Makers space, new music education workshops and weekly screenings of great films. You can also get a 50% discount off of a new membership to the Art Gallery of if you show your library card – what a fabulous deal!
Looking for more information or assistance with planning your visit? We are always here to help, for more information on what to see and do in Burlington give us a call at 877.499.9989, visit our website or connect with us on twitter or facebook.
- To Sun Jan 28: Holding by a Thread Exhibit, Art Gallery of Burlington
- Mon Jan 1-Wed Jan 31: Festival of Beer, Various Burlington & Hamilton restaurants
- Wknds & holidays until Feb 16: Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides, Mountsberg
- To Fri Feb 16: Winter at Crawford Lake, Crawford Lake
- To Fri Feb 16: Winter at Mountsberg, Mountsberg
- To Sun March 4: Rotary Centennial Pond Skating, Rotary Centennial Pond* Weather permitting
Til January 17
- Wed 10: Spiritual Healing with Jane Burning, Central Library
- Thurs 11: Throwback Thursday: “Easy Rider”, Central Library
- Sat 13: Raptors in Focus, Mountsberg
- Sat 13: Evening Moonlight Snowshoe Hike, Crawford Lake
- Sat 13: Southern Ontario Lyric Opera – Encore!, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Sun 14: Directors Series: “Blade Runner”, Central Library
- Sun 14: Pearl of Africa, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Tues 16: Ikebana Traditional Japanese Flower Arranging Workshop, Central Library