#BurlON Dec 13-20
The countdown is on with only 12 more sleeps until Christmas! At our Visitor Centre at 414 Locust St. the Tourism elves have been opening our advent calendar each day to reveal amazing activities that are happening in Burlington during the holiday season.
Now that winter temperatures have arrived the Rotary Centennial Pond at the waterfront is open for skating daily from 10 am – 10 pm (weather permitting). This week the rink is closed Thursday and Friday in preparation for the Christmas Collage Skating Show on Friday Dec 15 from 7:30 – 8:45 pm. Local sportscaster, Clint “Bubba” O’Neil will host the event featuring pre-show entertainment from the local community. The show celebrates the joy of the holiday season in a choreographed performance starring local youth from different ice sports including figure skating, synchronized skating, hockey, sledge hockey, curling, ringette and speed skating. The performance is free for all to enjoy and donations to the McMaster Children’s Hospital Foundation are encouraged. Remember to dress warm and bring chairs and blankets for a comfortable viewing experience.
Royal Botanical Gardens is all about Christmas, with Holiday Traditions, that features the famous RBG Botanical Train Display which runs until January 7. The RBG Centre will have family entertainment, crafts and more for your family to enjoy. New to the RBG is the Escarpment Train Exhibit on weekends until Dec 24 and then daily from Dec 27-31 & Jan 2-7 at the Rock Garden House. See a magical winter wonderland at the Rock Garden’s Winter Lights at the Rock a ticketed outdoor event, with activities, music and lights. It’s on this week on Thursday Friday and Sunday from 5-8:30pm. Don’t miss out on visiting the gift shop where you can pick up last minute gift ideas or a little something for yourself.
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre is alive with entertertainment with performances by Serena Ryder, the Wonderful World of Christmas Graceland edition, Lama TV stand up comedy show and A Very Sapling Christmas. Check the listing below for links or go to their website for ticket and show information. Make sure you buy raffle tickets from the box office by December 19 for the Festival of Trees on display in the lobby area. The trees and all unique and beautifully decorated – see if you can spot the Canada 150 themed tree that Tourism Burlington designed and sponsored.
A highlight of the holidays for our family is seeing all the Christmas lights. Make sure that a nighttime visit to Spencer Smith Park for the Burlington Festival of Lights, is on your to-to list, the display is on until January 7. Enjoy over 60 festive displays along beautiful Lake Ontario. Enjoy dinner out before or grab a drink after; always a nice night!
Not finished your shopping yet? We have a couple of blogs to help you out. Our Holiday Gift Guide features local products and you can create lasting memories by giving amazing Burlington based Experiences.
Events Dec 13-24
- To Tues Dec 19: Festival of Trees, Burlington Performing Arts Centre Lobby
- To Sun Dec 31: Setting Ontario’s Table: Once Upon a Time, Art Gallery
- To Sun Jan 7: Flora & Fauna – Anne Cummings & Jim Hong Louie, Art Gallery
- Wknds – Sat Dec 23, Daily Wed Dec 27-Sun 31, Tues Jan 2-Sun 7: Escarpment Train Show, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Wed Dec 27-Sun 31, Tues Jan 2-Sun 7: RBG Express, Royal Botanical Gardens
- To Sun Jan 7: Botanical Train Display, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Fri Dec 8-Sun Jan 14: Trail of the Monarch Butterfly, Royal Botanical Gardens
- To Sun Jan 28: Holding by a Thread Exhibit, Art Gallery of Burlington
- Sat Nov 11-Sun Feb 18: Winter at Crawford Lake, Crawford Lake
- Wed 13: Visit with Santa, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Wed 13: High Five Quartet, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Wed 13: The Second City Toronto Holiday Show, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Thurs 14: Serena Ryder, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Thurs 14-Sun 17: Winter Lights at the Rock, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Fri 15: Christmas Collage Ice Show, Rotary Centennial Pond (weather permitting)
- Fri 15: Wonderful World of Christmas, Graceland Edition 2017, Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Sat 16: Storytelling with Mrs. Claus, Royal Botanical Gardens *SOLD OUT
- Sat 16: A Christmas Show with Cindy Cook, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Sat 16: Lama TV – Standup Comedy Show, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Sun 17: A Child’s Christmas in Wales, St. George’s Anglican Church
- Sun 17: Brunch with Santa & Mrs. Claus, Royal Botanical Gardens *SOLD OUT
- Sun 17: Christmas with the Salvation Army, Performing Arts Centre – MT *SOLD OUT
- Sun 17: Tim Holland – Stunt Ventriloquist & Puppeteer, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Wed 20: Visit with Santa, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Wed 20: Skyfall Quartet, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Thurs 21: A Very Sapling Christmas, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – CST
- Thurs 21: Family Solstice Celebration, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Thurs 21: Winter Solstice, ThinkSpotLowville
- Thurs 21: “Miracle on 34th Street”, Central Library
- Thurs 21-Sat 23: Winter Lights at the Rock, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Fri 22-Sat 23: Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT
Looking for more holiday information or planning your visit? We are always here to help, for more information on what to see and do in Burlington give us a call at 877.499.9989, visit our website or connect with us on twitter or facebook.