Bring on 2018 in #BurlON
The last holiday of the year and it is my personal favourite – New Year’s! How will you be ringing in 2018? Are you going to do the usual – watching the ball drop OR would you like to change it up by getting out and enjoying what this beautiful city has to offer? Below is a list of fun events that will definitely get you out and about and enjoying the one last of Canada’s 150th year.
Family Fun is the best kind of Fun
Let’s be honest, holiday cheer is steered by family. The following are activities for all ages, all groups, and all hearts:
- New Years Eve Nature Hoopla on December 31, 2017 @ 6pm
Mountsberg Conservation Area – 2259 Millburough Line, Campbellville, ON (905) 827-6911
Help say goodbye to 2017 and hello to 2018. Plenty of fun activities, goodies to eat, wagon rides, night hikes and a puppet show! This kid friendly event starts the big count down at 9pm so parents can get the kids home and into bed on time. Visit the website for admission pricing and ways to register in advance.
- Coyote Howl Hike @ Bronte Creek on December 31 2017 @ 7pm
Bronte Creek Provincial Park – 1219 Burloak Drive, Oakville (905) 827-6911
- A fun way to ring in the New Year. Join Park Rangers who will guide you into the woods to a site where they hope to have a chorus of coyotes howl in response to our call. Learn why they howl and some facts about this mostly misunderstood urban creature. No reservations required. Parking Lot F, guided hikes begin at 7pm and 7:30pm. Followed by Kid’s Countdown bonfire at 8:30pm. Park gates will close at 9pm
Bring on the Bling
Get your dresses and tux’s out to ring in the New Year in style with these local gala’s & dinner shows:
- 2018 New Year’s Eve Party on December 31, 2017 @ 7:30pm
Burlington Convention Centre – 1120 Burloak Drive, Burlington (905) 319-0319
- The largest party in Halton Region happening at The Burlington Convention Centre’s Annual All-Inclusive New Year’s Eve Celebration. Experience the ultimate nightclub atmosphere with deluxe buffet dinner and open bar included. Must be 19 years of age or older to attend. Visit website for pricing, menu and the additional details.
New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner with Sonia Collymore on December 31, 2017 @ 8:30 PM
Lowville Bistro – 6179 Guelph Line, Milton, ON – (905) 335-0750
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve with an early dinner seating (5:00 or 6:00pm) OR ring in the new year at our gala dinner (8:30pm) featuring live entertainment with Sonia Collymore! Visit the website for the details.
- Polish Bal Sylwestrowy December 31, 2017 @ 6pm
Polish Banquet Hall– 2316 Fairview St, Burlington (905) 320-6281
- All inclusive ball. Dinner and Dance with featured guests GRA, John Gora, and Koronaband. Open bar, appetizers, dinner, midnight buffet. For ticket pricing and event info, please visit the website.
Play and Stay for New Year’s
Having fun and knowing everyone is safe is the great feeling over the holiday season. Below are some events that offer an overnight stay so you can relax and enjoy your New Year festivities:
- New Year’s Eve Family Fun Night on December 31, 2017 @ 6:30pm
Holiday Inn –3063 South Service Rd, Burlington (877) 660-8550
- Ring in the New Year at the Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel and Conference Centre with the whole family! Planned events including a Buffet Dinner included in the price. Arrive early and check out late! All events to take place in the hotel Atrium which features the largest indoor heated hotel pool in the city!! As well, there is a sauna whirlpool, fitness centre and a games area which includes billiards & air hockey. Complimentary Parking, Complimentary Wireless Internet & 24 hour Business Centre. Shopping & Restaurants close by, centrally located off the QEW Hwy, only 45 minutes from Niagara Falls & Toronto! See website for scheduled events and pricing.
- Marquis Gardens Magical Family New Year’s Eve December 31, 2017 @ 6pm
Waterfront Hotel – 2020 Lakeshore Rd Burlington, ON (905) 631-6011
- This annual New Year’s Eve Celebration is held in the Blue Water Ballroom. See website for the yummy menu and late night sweet table. Don’t miss, Superb Disc Jockey Entertainment provided by DJ Centra . Plus, new this year is a photo booth provided by Giant Camera Photo Booth. Party favours, cash bar. More information and ticket pricing available online.
Are you an “I’m here for the food” kind of person?
Check out these great local restaurants some who are offering a fixed price menu. Remember to make reservations!
- B&B Taps and Grill
- Barra Fion
- Downtown Bistro
- Emma’s Back Porch
- Gator Ted’s
- Honey West
- Ivy Bar & Kitchen
- Jackson’s Landing
- Joe Dogs
- Martini House
- Pepperwood Bistro
- 5 West
- Queen’s Head Pub
- Rib Eye Jack’s Ale House
- SB Prime
- Spencer’s at the Waterfront
- Tin Cup
These are just a few of the great places to grab a bite to eat and a few celebratory drinks. Visit our restaurants page for more!
New Year resolutions ready?
The fun doesn’t stop at midnight! Come out for these FREE and FUN activities the next day with only the best way to get a head start on that New Years get fit resolution that we all make… every year:
- Tansley New Year’s Day on January 1, 2018 @ 11am
Tansley Woods Community Centre- 1996 Itabasi Way, Burlington (905)-335-7600 ext 7979
- Beat the winter blues indoor, at the pool. May the force be with you in 2018! Celebrate the New Year with entertainment, free swimming, gym activities and crafts. Visit the City of Burlington website for complete schedule of activities
- Ice Skating on January 1, 2018 @ 12:30pm
Appleby Ice Centre Ice Pad 1 and 2- 1201 Appleby Line, Burlington (905) 331-7465
Tim Horton’s presents Free Winter Break Recreational Skating. Space is limited, first come first serve so be sure to arrive early to get on the ice. Feeling the true outdoor Canadian skating instead, then indulge in winter with outdoor skating at Rotary Centennial Pond – Call ahead for ice conditions, open 10am-10pm weather depending.
No matter how you celebrate be sure to do it responsibly – please don’t drink and drive! Choose a designated driver or service such as Burlington Taxi or Driverseat. For more information on planning your visit to Burlington give us a call at 877.499.9989, visit our website or connect with us on twitter or facebook we’re always happy to help.
On behalf of the Board, staff and volunteers at Tourism Burlington – Happy New Year!